Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dinner Party- Chili, Grilled Cheese, and Choc Chip Cookie

We had Art's Economics 101 students over for dinner. Any student willing and brave enough to come over to his professor's house on a rainy night should be rewarded with a home cooked meal. Usually, the students are not picky; they are just glad to not be eating in the cafeteria. I made chili, grilled cheese, and chocolate chip cookies.

I made the chili with ground turkey, diced onions, garlic, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans (pinto, kidney, black, and great northern), chili powder, salt, and pepper.

Making grilled cheese for 20 was a bit of an ordeal. Art and I formed a grilled cheese assembly line: Art put the cheese in between the bread slices and I grilled. Once one batch of sandwiches was grilled to a golden, gooey perfection, I would pop it in the oven set to warm and start the next batch. This seemed to work well for providing a warm grilled cheese sandwich to each student.

By far the most highly praised item on the dinner menu was the chocolate chip cookie. The cookies were made using a Pillsbury slice and bake cookie log. When buying these, I was a little apprehensive about the quality of the cookies. But, I knew I would be short on time. Obviously, I had nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment