Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pasta with Peanut Sauce, Broccoli, and Chicken

I hate buying a condiment or sauce only to use a few tablespoons for a recipe and let the rest of the bottle sit in my refrigerator until it goes bad.  I determined not to let the bottle of peanut sauce I purchased for Thai Tofu Crunch meet this fate.  So, I came up with a unique and tasty pasta dish that also incorporated some leftover grilled chicken from supper last night.  It came together in less than 15 minutes.  I will probably make it again even when I am not just trying to use up leftovers.

Ingredients
12 oz whole wheat fettuccine
3 Tab spicy peanut sauce
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup frozen broccoli, cooked
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.  Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. 

1 comment: