Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Steak Tacos

I apologize to any readers waiting in anxious anticipation to find out what we had for supper last Thursday night.  We had enchiladas and they were great.  I made the similar enchiladas to the version I have made before only without the chicken and using store bought chipotle enchilada sauce.  We also had an extremely time-consuming yard sale over the weekend, so I did not get a chance to blog about cooking. 

Since things have settled down, I can share last night's tasty meal with you.  We had steak tacos based on a Cook's Illustrated recipe.  Flank steak is rubbed with a spicy marinade before being seared in an hot skillet.  These were so much better than standard ground beef or chicken tacos.  And, they were just as easy to make. 

I made this spicy yogurt sauce to serve with the tacos (and with the enchiladas we had Thursday):
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 Tab torn cilantro leaves
generous dash of cayenne pepper
generous dash of cumin

Stir together all ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment