Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chicken in Curry

My mom was in town over the weekend and we had a great time hanging out with her.  Jacob loves his Nana.

For supper Friday night I made chicken breast in curry from Treebeard's cookbook.  I was really surprised by the simplicity of the dish- from the ingredients to the prep.  It turned out great.  I think this is my new favorite recipe from the Treebeard's cookbook.

I served the chicken with broccoli and fried rice.

Ingredients
4 chicken breast  halves
1 Tab curry powder
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dijon mustard

Place chicken skin side down in a shallow baking dish.  Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.  Pour over chicken, turn to coat, turn again.  Cover dish tightly and refrigerate overnight.

When ready to bake, turn chicken skin side up and cover dish with foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes, basting chicken with drippings periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment