Sunday, April 4, 2010

Indian Feast


We had some friends over for supper who happen to be vegetarians.  So, a traditional Easter menu was out of the question.  I decided to make Indian food.  We had paneer curry, dahl, basmati rice, and naan. 

I found a recipe for paneer curry in the April issue of bon Appetit.  I had paneer for the first time a few years ago at an Indian neighbor's party.  (Paneer is a fresh cow's milk cheese that has a firm, creamy texture that pairs perfectly with a spicy sauce.)  It was amazing and I have wanted to make something with it ever since.  

Yesterday, I learned that the most convenient paneer vendor for me is an Indian restaurant near my house.  They only sold paneer in 4lb blocks, so I have plenty in the freezer to use later.  I am excited because I loved this recipe!  The taste was great and it was fairly easy to make. 


I made a bunny shaped cake for dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment