Friday, April 2, 2010

Mediterranean Feast

The last few days have left me feeling tired and lazy- I think this pregnancy is starting to catch up with me.  While I do love to cook, I have a hard time finding energy at the end of the day to do anything other than sit with my feet propped up.  But my desire to eat propels me to cook, and my toddler propels me to feed him, play, bathe him, and not sit down for more than 2 seconds.

Supper tonight was a perfect meal for a lazy cook- it was virtually effortless and very delicious.  We had hummus, tabouli, pita, feta cheese, olives, and spinach.  The hummus was made earlier this week.  This afternoon, I quickly made the tabouli and put it in the refrigerator to let the flavors intensify.  When we were ready to eat supper, I just took everything from the refrigerator and put it on the table.

We combined the ingredients (hummus, tabouli, feta, olives, and spinach) on pita bread to make sandwiches.  The individual ingredients were each delicious, but the flavors combined were amazing.  We all really liked this meal.  I liked not spending a ton of time in the kitchen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment