Thursday, April 8, 2010

Red Beans and Rice

Yesterday morning, I made red beans in a crock pot for last night's supper.  It made a ton of beans and was tasty.   The dish took about 15 minutes to put together in the crock pot.  (I love crock pot suppers!)  Because I knew supper would be ready when we were, Jacob and I were able to play outside for a bit longer than usual last night.  I cooked some rice in the rice cooker just before we were ready to eat.

Since I didn't have any on hand, I made my own Creole seasoning.  This made about 1/4 cup of seasoning, so I have some left over for the next time I make red beans and rice.

Ingredients
1 1/4 tsp paprika
1 Tab salt
1 Tab garlic powder
1/2 Tab black pepper
1 Tab cayenne pepper
1 Tab oregano
1 Tab thyme
1/2 tsp celery seeds

Stir together all ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment