I read the reviews and made a few changes to the recipe. I am pretty sure my changes negated most of the "light" traditionally associated with recipes from Cooking Light magazine. But, I did still use the meatless crumbles. They were much better than I expected. I really couldn't tell any difference between those and real ground beef.
Here is the version I made.
- 4 Tab canola oil, divided
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package meatless fat-free crumbles (such as Lightlife Smart Ground)
- 48 tortilla chips
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.