Sunday, February 14, 2010

Central BBQ and Detox

Tonight, I returned from a great weekend with friends in Austin.  We had such a good time together, as always. 

Art and Jacob picked me up with smiles and roses.  I am so glad to be home! 

On the flight home, I was thinking about all the food I had consumed in the last 48 hours.  We ate a lot over the weekend and I need to plan some light meals for the week. Art's pirate posts made me think Jacob and Art would also benefit from some light meals this week- maybe even some sort of detox would be beneficial.  Good thing we have all that leftover chili in the refrigerator.

With this in mind, I decided we should go to Central Barbecue for supper.   We got turkey bbq nachos and turkey bbq salad.  This was the perfect end to a weekend of heavy eating.  (And, a perfect Valentine's supper with my two favorite boys.)

In Austin, we ate lunch at the flagship Whole Foods Market.  The salads they offered were very inspiring.  Based on this inspiration, I plan to incorporate some salads into our rotation this week- and blog about them.  Stay tuned... 

No comments:

Post a Comment