Thursday, March 18, 2010

Corned Beef, New Potatoes, and Carrots

For our St Patrick's day supper, I cooked a corned beef in the crock pot.  Corned beef and veggies has always been one of my favorite meals. I was glad I was able to share this with Jacob for the first time.  He devoured a large amount of the meat and the carrots before pushing the rest of his food onto the floor. 

Ingredients
corned beef with seasoning pack (this is sold in a bag of brine in the beef section)
2 yellow onions, quartered
8 new potatoes, halved
2 cups (or so) baby carrots

Place the corned beef, fat side up, and onions in a crock pot.  Sprinkle with contents of seasoning pack and cover beef with water.  Cook on medium low for about 6 hours.  Add new potatoes and carrots.  Turn crock pot up to medium high and cook about 1 hour more, or until vegetables are tender.
Using a slotted spoon, move vegetables to a serving bowl.  Carefully move beef to a serving platter.  Trim off layer of fat.  Cut into thin slices across the grain.  Serve warm with vegetables and mustard. 

2 comments:

  1. I just had my sandwich made from the leftovers. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was about to ask if the leftovers were good on sandwiches. thanks, art, for anticipating my request.

    ReplyDelete