Thursday, November 12, 2009

Moroccan Chicken and Tantrum Worthy Asparagus

My dad was in town for business and was able to have dinner with us tonight. I made a chicken recipe that I discovered in Martha Stewart's Living. I have prepared this chicken many times in the past several months. The preparation is so simple and the result is amazing.

Some of the spices called for in the recipe- like cardamom or coriander- are probably not ones you keep in your cabinet. Trust me and buy them. You will make this recipe so many times, the spices will not go to waste.

I also made an asparagus recipe sent to me by my sister-in-law, Jenny. I have never before made asparagus and I found this recipe very simple.

After sampling a little of each item on the dinner menu, Jacob started kicking and screaming. He wanted something badly. I went through all of the usual suspects- his cup, my cup, various utensils. None of those things were what he so desperately wanted. Then, we figured it out: he wanted more asparagus! My toddler was kicking and screaming for more asparagus. He ate all of the asparagus on my plate and what was left in the bowl. I will definitely be making this again.

Ingredients
olive oil
salt
pepper
grated Parmesan cheese
asparagus

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Toss asparagus with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread on a greased pan. Bake 15 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Return to pan and bake 5 more minutes. Serve hot.

1 comment: