Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pinto Beans and Cornbread

We had a fun trip to St Louis over the weekend. We were able to have frozen custard from Ted Drewe's for the first time since our move from St Louis over three years ago. I had forgotten how good it is!
Also over the weekend, I learned something new about Jacob- he loves beans. We just happened to have them at two meals and he ate a ton of them.
So, tonight I cooked pinto beans and corn bread. I cooked the beans according to the package directions, and I added a couple of chicken bones, salt, pepper, and chili powder. I made my Ma-maw's corn bread recipe that is listed in a previous post.
Jacob has had beans in the past and did not love them. Because of his recent interest, I have been encouraged to keep reintroducing foods. He might not love beans next week, but maybe he will love tuna salad, or some other food on which I had previously given up.

No comments:

Post a Comment